Just Move Forward

My friend Erica posted on Facebook last night that there would be a new Body Combat class starting in the morning at 5:30 AM – 
I got excited-
Time change makes it easy to get back into the early morning exercise routine
With my hubby out of town a group class would make it fun-
-While she posted ‘Body Combat’ 
I read -‘Body Pump’ 

Body Pump uses weights, and I’ve done it quite a bit – 
I was excited to go
But when I got to class, nobody was setting up – 
There were no benches 
No bars 
Just a bunch of women standing around 
I thought “these poor girls they don’t know what to do”
And I started to grab some weights – 
Erica said “Hey Heather, this is Combat...”
And then it hit me 

COMBAT—
Yeah...
Combat was One of the first classes I took five years ago 
when I decided to take charge of my healt
That really bad class that made me cry
The class that made me say I can’t 
That made me feel like I wasn’t good enough – 

Granted- it wasn’t necessarily the class 
It was the space in my head. 
And when Erica said “this is Combat”
It made all those memories come flooding back

I want to tell you if you are at the beginning
Something as simple as a little class can make you feel like you can’t
I’m here to tell you 
You can

Did I kill it in class today?
Not hardly
But I’m in a better place
I’m not so worried about what others are thinking of me
(First of all they’re not)
I’m not self conscious of the crazy that is me 
Just thankful for the work that my body can do

The class was great
I will be sore
Erica’s approach to the newness of it was brilliant
During a difficult choreography of punching and kicking 
She said “Your body doesn’t sense your confusion, your body only realizes that you’re moving” 

I loved her for saying this
For telling us to just go with it
To just move forward 

Don’t stop because you’re not good at something 
Don’t stop because you think you can’t 
Just move forward 
Wether that be adding on another mile 
Going to that challenging class 
Trying something new 
Being brave by going it alone
Just move move 
Move out of your comfort zone 
Test yourself – 
You’ll be surprised 
There really isn’t anything that you can’t do  
Just try 
Don’t quit 
Keep moving forward 

Comments

Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch