Dialogue of Denial

SO... it was bound to happen... I just was living in denial. I remember as a kid, nervously waiting for the prognosis every year.... hoping upon hope, that the inevitable wouldn't happen... and it never did, 'til yesterday. Now I know what happens to your stomach when the dentist says you have a CAVITY. 

ME: "No I don't HAVE a cavity... I've never had one." *polite smile*

DR.HILTON: As he poked the pokey thing into my tooth and said, "feel that, (poke/stick/stuck) THAT is a cavity." *polite smile*

ME: " I have sealants...I said with conviction ( solving the poke/stick/stuck mystery for him) *polite smile*

DR.HILTON:  Calmly asking his assistant, " could you go get THE LAZER?" She gives him a knowing look....

5 minutes later it is confirmed by Dr....by the "laser"..... I have a cavity.....No denying *SIGH*

So I document this momentus occasion with pics taken by molly.

before....
reality setting in....






 Did I mention Molly had 5 cavities!?%#! (who's HER mom? SHouldn't someone call child services!?)

Molly "helped" by holding the drill

Comments

Mari said…
lol... "polite smile".. you are so adorable... poor Molly!!!

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch