A shoe to make your wildest running dreams come true


I've needed new running shoes for quite awhile now.

Anybody else get nervous about choosing yet another running shoe?

Go ahead-
Plunk down a lovely Benjamin,
On yet another shoe that will last maybe the next 200 miles,
Fingers crossed it will make your wildest running dreams come true.

What if I end up hating them?


Panic attack


Sigh

A trip to my favorite local shoe store  Browns-
Is in order.

There's something to be said about staying local.
And running shoes is a local store must for me-

They have seen my crazy feet
They know that my left foot is a 5 1/2
My right on the verge of a 6
Both - wicked wide

And they don't laugh at my calloused feet
Like they did at that 'manicure place' I went to once
Flat gave me a complex- that 'buff and paint' place did-
As the manicurist called worker after worker over to chat in a foreign language over my feet.
Snicker snicker... everyone giggling but me.
Ackk

Nope- none of that at Browns.
They embrace allllll the wonky-ness without judging-
Promising to make those tootsies look downright awesome, once we find the right shoe

They listen to what I liked/didn't like about my past shoes:

Asics Gel Nimbus-  liked the cush-disliked the clunk
Brooks Cascadias- all around love- love-love, but a bit hard
Brooks Pure Flows- thought I loved- but 25miles in realized my turnover got stuck in the Mogo material...
Brooks Ghosts- cushy but firm, a nice shoe with a bit of a bump of a heel that I wished was smaller


Now what?
IS there anything left to try?
That's a rhetorical question- if you've ever been to Browns
You KNOW they have a crazy lot of shoes to choose from....

Try on a bunch,
Narrow it down to 2

Drum roll please:




Newton Gravity





Saukony Kinvaras




Keep you posted








Comments

kathrynellen said…
Hi!
I love your posts!
I have Saucony Kinvaras (4 pairs) and LOVE, love, love them. But I know Tennille has the Newtons and loves them! I have my eye out for Newtons too.... but the price! Ouch!

Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch