Polka Dot Moon Over Sunrise




Saturday, August 4th
A 14 miler, that intimidated me.
Don't get me wrong,
I've run it before...
Once or twice....*read about my first 14 miler HERE*
But it felt like a lifetime ago
 
So I texted my running buds the night before...
No takers
 
It's surreal how running dynamics can change....
One day you're all running together every Saturday,
The next, you find:
-Some aren't running anymore,
-Some are moving away
-Or newly pregnant, read: morning sickness (no fun)
-And then another two friends miraculously found a way to hook their hubbies into the running game and train with them now.
Sigh
 
I will admit,
I was blue-
It surprised me
Because lately I've become so used to running on my own
 
 
Then Katie texted me she might be able to meet me for a few miles.
 
Yay!!!
 
The next day's run was chock full of
Running-
I felt stronger than I thought I would
Texting -
It was like Katie and I were on some kind of mapquest scavenger hunt to find each other
Talking-
Lots of catching up to do, it had been ages since we'd run together
Walking-
Yep, we did, and it was OK
 
14 miles came and went
All thanks to the help of a friend
 
I snapped this photo early on in the run
Loved the polka dot of a moon against the sunrise and canyon
When I see this photo
The run comes flooding back
 
That's why I thought I'd best share it...
 

little polka dot of a moon over the sunrise- beautiful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch