Dark Run - follow the light

Wednesday, August 7th

Oh man- 
Have you ever had a run 
That made you happy
Made you see the light
Made you think

"I can do this-"

Tonight's run
Was like that for me

It was a gift

A gift 
Of little things

------

The day was nearly over
But determined to not let the day 
End without a run

I laced up
Dark run it is

Pull out a new toy
Parents gifted me with
When they visited last week

Flashy
Yes
And it's blinking cadence
Served a wonderful visual cue
For a tempo run

Now if you know me
You know I chafe at the thought 
Of worrying about speed

It's a coping mechanism I use
To mask my insecurity 
To excuse my lack of drive 

But tonight
I watched that silly blink
My footfalls it's dance partner

And delightfully
Found 
A faster pace

Found a working route too

I'm a little more than jazzed
A little giddy

I can hardly wait
To do it again





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch