Saturday's Marathon -Half Off!

Eeek! 
It's marathon week-

The past few days had me scavenger hunting running gear- 

Loads upon loads of laundry in and out of the washer, 
Just to find my favorite shirt- 

Drawer digging to find the urban halo headband I'd gotten from violin running- 
That for some reason, my mind labled 'special' and tucked away, never to be seen again

I say it's marathon week, because in my mind- it is- 

I signed up for it in December on Black Friday- 
Yep
Impulse buy

Crazy how that happens

And while training had a few bright spots-
And a few courageous long runs
The mileage under my belt was less than stellar 

Where did that 20 weeks go? 

Panic- 

Sooooo I emailed the shiprock race director, 
And got myself a half off deal-

Half marathon it is!

My excitement is returning
I got butterflies before a run the other day for the first time in a looooong time

It's a good thing

My goal is to finish before they do awards 
At 11
I'll keep you posted (I'm hoping awards start a little late.... On account of me needing about 15 more minutes or so than 11oclock) 
Fingers crossed


Off to go pasta myself.....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch