The Race Set Before You

Today was interesting-

Today, the "run" (in reality it was a walk) had some lessons to teach-

Still feeling the thrill of my 8 mile run- the plan was to do the route again, only shortening it by 3 to get in my 5 miles.

Alarm set for 5 (I Shouldn't have, but I double checked, and it's exactly 23 minutes fast)

Out the door and up the warmup hill- then across the street and down.

1.46 miles later, this nagging thought creeps in- "what about that steep ascent just up the way? Will you run it? Can you run it?"

Where was my victorious
" Tell-ur-ide*jog*jog*jog*
Tell-ur-ide*jog*jog*jog* " chanting from Thursday?

Then I did it- turned around and ran the other way-

They say running can be spiritual--- most of the time I think they mean humanistic spirituality were you glorify the power of "you" rather than the power of God.

Today my heart was pricked- why did I turn from the hardship of ONE hill-
that was the race I was to run, and shirked it.

I wasn't in pain, wasn't tired--- just plain said no to the work I was to do-

Guess what welcomed me on my newly set course?

Slight hill, after hill, after hill.

The whole time I chided myself- you were too lazy to do ONE big hill, just one-- so here you are---- have another hill.

How many times do I sidestep the one hard thing God sets in front of me -"the race set before me" and take my own path?

And why do I pray for relief from that path, once I take it?

Lesson learned.

I'd like to say I ran with it and busted through the rest of my miles.
For some reason, I walked.

I walked, and thought about obedience and rebellion.
About thankfulness and contentment.

I walked my 5-

It's going to be a good day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch