Destination Run

Where did the summer go?  Here it is the first week of school, and we realized we didn't even go camping.
So we decided to do the next best thing--- cheat, and forgo the " roughing it" part- we booked a room at The Peaks Resort in Telluride ( psssssst- don't forget to ask for the "locals" special) and made it a weekend road trip.
The whole way up, all I could think about was how gorgeous a run would be, and how I could make time to sneak one in.
As we got in bed that night, I sheepishly said

"I'd like to go for a run tomorrow."

"Just don't wake me up" came the reply

And it was on.

All night I plotted my run, worried I'd oversleep, wondered if the hills would kill me- -- thought about mileage ( I had 7 scheduled- would I be able to run it?) and speed- (oxymoron that is- my pace is still a slow 14)

Dawn came- or should I say- alarm went off-
I looked outside and stalled--- it was so dark~

Finally ready, I left our room and was jolted awake by the hallway~ can you say~ CRAZY!

Making my way outside, I wondered wich way to go first.

I went left.
Ran into a hill, ran out of road.

The first 10 minutes were like that...
Up a hill~
Stairs~
Up a hill~
Drop off~

It was laughable.

Finally I made my way down a road that "worked" and was free to run.

My first find was a speed machine.
I couldn't help it. Had to try~
So I ran up the hill as fast as I could to trigger my speed.
Couldn't get it above 7~~~ but it made me laugh
Couldn't get a photo for evidence either.... a shot taken later in the morning will have to suffice.

Light was peeking through the trees... I had to get serious if I was to catch the sunrise.
I ran toward the light.
It reflected a golden glow off the pond~

But no sunrise... I craned my neck to see just were it was I should be looking~ Then saw a sign that said something like: Sunrise Lane....

Had Telluride sold the Sunrise?

apparently so~

I ran down I tiny corrodor of condos and took a photo~ not the best~ but got it.

Rounding a corner, I saw my next "find"~
A hiking path, just begging to be run~

Glorious~ every step took me further up the mountain.


Further meant higher.
Higher meant harder~ the path lead me on and did not dissapoint~

Soon I was at the top, this photo op could not be missed. 












The decent brought me back to Mountain Village,  and round and round the maze of shops I wove my web, stretching my time and miles...



Comments

Karalea said…
Cool run!! I love that you passed a speed machine...that's hilarious...at least you were obeying the speed limit! Love your photo runs.

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch