running, wogging, and the glass half full

It's 9 at night, and all I can think about is my run the next day- my goal was 4 miles.

5:15am had me wondering if I was crazy... the warmup walk out of my neighborhood made me realize just how early it was-Dark and calm- I like to run alone because I like the quiet, but at that hour, it's so quiet that any noise is amplified. My footfalls became a distraction, pulling me in, my mind started doubting-

The entire run had me speeding ahead, then slowing to catch my breath- the dreaded walk- jog --- wogging- the unglamorous work of newbie training.

I was discouraged.

Then I rounded the corner and burst out laughing - speed limit 35 -



OK- Really? Really? 35 miles an hour?
HA!
Then I saw it again, and smiled-



Now THAT'S more like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch