Treading It



This week has been a nightmare for getting up in time for my regular workouts.

I've been faithfully getting up before 5 for over 2 months now, to get to a Zumba, Body Pump, or Body Combat class each morning~~~

But not this week.

Even getting in a run has been rediculous.

Today I was late by 4 minutes to Body Pump.... the sign in sheet said 27 had arrived before me~ no way was I walking in late to that.

So it would be a treadmill run.

I thought it would be easy~ I could work on my pace... pumping up the speed, when there's no choice but to "one foot in front of the other"~it...

When will I realize that nothing is "easy" in running? 

Boredom was my key enemy~ 
No headphones meant lip reading bad music videos that quietly "blasted" from screens in the middle of the facility.

Only 1 was interesting... a Christina Agulara take on Alice in Wonderland caught my eye for all of  the 3-7 minutes it lasted... the only reason being my ability to even have a clue as to the reference... I felt "hip".

Then I tried to lip read the morning FOX news show on the machine's personal TV... but for some reason, it made me dizzy... the screen was either too close or too far away to make it take the edge of my work.

The mileage ticked by slowly... like a clock whose batteries have all but run their course.

Got my 3 in~ but it was painful.
Next time it's outside for me!


Comments

Mari said…
I have always been able to walk outside, as oppose to on a treadmill, much easier.. like being outside helps you forget you are even "working-out"...

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch