Really???? That's all you got?

Tuesday, April 24th
Treadmill day
As much as I like to say I loath that machine,
I also look forward to seeing what it can make me do

Yeah, yeah, I get all you people who discredit a run where outside forces propel you-
But hey, I bet you wouldn't call that dog chasing you to a new pr training run a cheat--- or what about that time you ran with an appointment breathing down your neck, and you ran wicked fast.....
Outside forces?
Right????
The run started out lovely
And by lovely, I mean PAIN
Yep, those minimal shoes from Friday really did a number on my calves
I was still insanely tight
Felt like my muscle would snap at any moment.

Took about a mile of this "I think I'm going to rip something" feeling to subside.
After that, a nice steady pace took over.

I ramped my speed up for the middle 2.5 miles
Then slowly ramped it back down to finish 4
I have a dentist appointment right afterwards...
So a courtesy shower is in order

Walk up to the counter and order a towel.
She hands me a washcloth

I say- "No- I need a big one"

She says-"That's all we got"

Really????

So I take my washcloth of a towel
And try to finagle my way through

Believe me-
If it wasn't my hygienist's birthday,
I'd have forgone the whole thing altogether
But Kristi is hands down the best

And I'd been flossing extra these last 6 months
On account of her telling me this appointment fell on her special day

Not going to spoil my thoughtful present with post run glisten.
Not today

4 miles down
Courtesy shower brought to you by a washcloth towel
And a 6 months of flossing birthday present

Guess what?

NO CAVITIES!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch