Runnerversary ramblings

It's been a year since I started running.

Thought I'd reminisce
I'll never forget those first awkward runs.

Nothing but laps around the baseball park,
Jeans-
Bulky shoes,
Pedometer from Target that never seemed to know just how far I'd run.

Determination

Baggage

It was all there.

Hope
Glimmers peeking through

The emotions behind those first few runs are still fresh in my mind.

Didn't expect that.

Running makes you look at yourself square in the face and stop lying,
Lying about how great you are
Or the other extreme that says you're not worth it.

It makes you human.

Makes you grateful

And then it gives you confidence.
You suddenly think you know ALL
And can't wait to indoctrinate the world.
Everyone should be doing this!!!!!

You sign up for
a 5k
a half
a full.

And suddenly, you realize you know nothing about this thing called running.

A year
A drop in the proverbial bucket I hope someday to fill.

6 pair of shoes so far-
Still hoping then next pair will be
"just right"

Garmins, GU, hydration packs, running gear.....

No magic bullet
Nope.
No short cuts here
It's all you

A year-
Has it really been a year?
So much left to do

One foot in front of the other

Robert Frost so aptly wrote:


"Miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep"



Comments

Tennille said…
Love it! So true! Everyday I feel like I'm starting over with this running thing...

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch