Wanted: Tour Guide with Trail Experience

Saturday, June 9th

Excited to repeat the awesomeness that was my first trail run, I set out early Saturday morning in search of adventure.

Only my internal GPS went wonky.

In my defense, it's been wonky since birth-

Should have asked for a refund on that one.

But I digress,

Wonky navigation in tow, I head the wrong way- totally missing my beloved bike trail.

Undeterred, I soldier on, and settle for a finger of Lion's Wilderness Trail instead.










After all, I HAD been eyeing it lately,
I lied to myself and pretended it was my secret plan all along.

Pretty stinkin' proud of myself- I ran.
Admired the beauty of the trail.
Got lost in the moment

Totally lost

Not kidding

Totally lost

Yeah-
New meaning to the phrase-
Adventure time.

Not one to panic,
I look for the fun-
Check out the foot prints
Think shoe manufacturers could so benefit from throwing their logo down on the bottom, for cases like this when you suddenly become acutely aware.
Free advertising to this poor lost girl.
















Ugggg

What does one do when they are lost?


If only I had a compass

Not that that would help
Ask me which way north is and I always answer "up"

Sigh

Wait a minute!
What good is a smart phone, if all I use it for is the music and mileage charting.

Google maps it is

Huzza!













Such a simple trek home

Who'd have thunk it.
















Think I'll post a classified-

"Wanted: Tour guide with trail experience!"








'Til then, I'll have to just suffer through- and hope upon hope to get lost again....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch