Know I can, and am happy to do it-

Oh my heavens - and chicken-n-stars soup- it's been forever since I've posted-

But just today
I took a plane
And landed in mpls

For yet another marathon

Well, that- and visiting my dear parents
And Grandmother
And friends 

This sounds like it has the makings of a great week

I'm sitting up in my old room
Cozy 

Reminiscing about last year's perfect race

It was insanely amazing-

Makes me nervous 

I'm not as strong
Not as fit
Not as prepared

That's the honest me

But, 
I love this distance
Love this venue
Know that I can
And am happy to do it

Will I let pride get in the way
Nope

No grandstanding here

Every race has a purpose

My first marathon
Proved I could

My second 
Proved I could be broken

What will this one bring? 

Here are my goals
Start strong- end strong

Last year I was a wimp at the start
And a wimp at the end

Stay with the group
But don't get chatty

I know I think I'm a reporter and all- but really- let the people run- stop stopping to ask questions already!

High five the fam
This is one thing I didn't regret last year and certainly plan on keeping in rotation- nothing beats your own cheering section
And stopping for a photo of your favorite people is good for the soul 

I will run smart
Start smart
End smart

And enjoy the middle

Photos
Yes

I'm going to treat this race like a weekend long run

And let the day do the work

I'm ready
Love this distance
Love this venue
Know I can
And am happy to do it







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch