Switching it up- to be fit for the work


Thursday, October 24th

I'm at a crossroads with running
Not a love it or leave it thing-
Just a realization that,
Without pushing myself
I have and will continue to become stagnant

I need to switch things up

That means 
Speed work
Strength
And getting nitty gritty
With numbers

Wish me luck

Ever the procrastinator, 
I'm always planning to start THAT stuff ......tomorrow

My 
"Jam tomorrow-
Jam yesterday-
But never, never, never, today"
Mentality
Must be overcome

I will say, though
I've been 'switching it up'
By adding in other things to my running routine

Hubby's and my schedule
Have finally aligned
So that I can work out with him 
At least 3 -4 days a week

He's a gym rat-
Tightly wound
You should see him push himself 
And those weights!

It's been fun too
Just be in awe of him
And his tenacity for working towards a goal

Lifting's been good for me too
It's been about 2months
And I'm starting to feel stronger

I guess 
Running gives me confidence-that I will never be stranded anywhere
(If I can go for 6 ungodly hours in a marathon, I can run a highway for help- right?)

And
Weights give me confidence- that I am strong enough to do just about anything

With each 
I'm reminded that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" 
We have a responsibility to 'keep ourselves', so we can be fit for the work we are called to do

----------


If you've never tried it
You should- 
If you're local, check out the spa for their class schedule 

It's the most amazing workout
Core 
Core
Core

Because of my work schedule 
It's been about a year and a half
Since I've gotten to take in this class

Today I was reminded why I love it so much
Smooth
Stretching 
Intense muscle work
Flexibility
Deep down pain
I know I will be sore tomorrow
My glute got a Charlie horse just driving home-



It's good to try new things- 
Revisit old favorites
Switch it up a bit

To be fit for the work....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch