Running friends are the best-

Wednesday, October 23rd

Wanted to get a run in before work
Shuttled myself back to Berg Park-
To try to repeat the running magic of yesterday 

The parking lot is overflowing
I know it's just the nearby Hotel's parking traffic 
But I wonder what the fuss is all about
It's only Wednesday
And this is Farmington, after all 

I pick a spot
And who should be parking next to me

But my friend S- and her hubby

Oh snap!
My mind chatters 
Do they see me? 
Should I just wait in the car, 
So that they get out first
And get their run on before I set foot on that trail? 

They're sooooooo fast!

Snap!
They did see me

I sheepishly smile and wave

We get out, 
And S- asks to take the trail with me, 
While her hubby guns it- on his own

Why yes!!!! 

I've secretly wished for a running buddy

This crazy life of wife and mommy hood, mixed with snatches of work-
Leaves little time for friendship 

And how I've missed that

The run was fantastic 
Catching up - perfect

Advice,
Encouragement-
Bits of laughter
Knowing we're not alone on this journey
Is comforting

Having a like minded friend
a gift

We take trails bridges 
Some turns I always take
Some I'd yet to try

Walk when I got winded

Then run again

Wonderful 


S- and her hubby- 
Running friends are the best-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch