Snow down


Friday night 
I plotted and planned my line of attack
Set out gear
To bed early
I was running in  morning

Alarm goes off
I'm up and at it

Hubs says: "did you look outside?"
I guess looking outside is in order
Oh snap!
"Holy snow batman!"

Now you must know
This born-and-raised Minnesota girl 
Has totally turned into a New Mexican
We pride ourselves on the efficiency of our snow
It comes down, 
It melts

But this
This was snowman snow 
Not dry
Not greasy
It was
Heavy
Wet

Tell me I'm not the only one who describes snow- 
Tell me you know what I mean

It is literally 
The best kind of snow to get

If it's going to hang around

But I didn't want it to

I tell myself I'm brave
Get in my car
Drive to my early morning starting spot
Snow is thick on the road too
I drive slower
Wondering just how I will make this run happen
I drive on

Then park

And wait

And watch the snow come down

I can't bring myself to get out 
I just sit there
Dumbfounded

I sit there 
Mesmerized

Then I drive home
I simply couldn't do it

Hubby laughed

Kids woke up 
And stood 
On the back porch 
Staring just like me

This was news 
Instagram our bounty
We go about our day
Shovel our driveway 

Sun comes out
As if to tell me I'm a sissy

I just have to run

So I did




It was wonderful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch