A little list


I had milestone birthday, 
The big 4-0
And although I laughed it off as nothing new – milestone birthdays always give you time for reflection 

This is some of the stuff I came up with

1. Be thankful for today – look for something in the very moment you're living in, and find good in it

So many times we forget 
Or we look at all the hard things in the day, Never realizing that when we look back- We most often will look at how good those days were-

Why not embrace today as if it were that great glorious memory...

2. Love, love, love on your kids- As I get older, I realize they're getting older too – And although my kids aren't quite what one would consider old yet, 
I'm realizing the time is slipping by 
I'm also realizing that love isn't about things
It's about moments shared 
Think of your favorite childhood memories...
Do that for your kids

3. Embrace the chaos
Don't give into excuses 
But
Don't give in to the lie that if it's not perfect, it's not worth doing or trying
It's easy to get discouraged and quit
Know when to fight- and when to roll with it.. 
Let go

4. Stop comparing myself to everybody else- 
I am my own self- 
Sounds somewhat vain to put it that way.. But what I mean is this: stop looking to others as a measuring tape of your own self worth. 

it's been said, and rightly so:
"comparison is the thief of joy"

5. Take time for things that matter
What is important? What will last? 
Am I spending time on those things?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch