My niche-

Saturday, May19th

Hubby kicks me out the door...
So glad he did too, I've been crabby from lack of running lately
First mile is rough- I slow down and walk.
All I can think about is the impossibility that lies before me
Twin Cities Marathon
Really? What was I thinking....
Here I am walking at mile 1
Sigh.....

I'm beginning to think race organizers are brilliant
You basically sign up for a race 9 months before you'll race.

Oh the bravado that bubbled up as I signed in and took my place on that marathon roster.
Surely the mere act of marathon registering earns me some kind of tough girl points.
Nothing tough about me today-

Ah, stuff it-
If I'm going to walk, I'd best snap a pic.
I snap a few-

The simple act of stopping and looking for a fresh perspective
Beauty. Nature. Blessings
That's all it took.

The rest of the run was slow and steady
No complaining from me

I'm going to just have to plug away at this
No worries
My niche is not that I finish fast-
But that I finish

Or better yet, begin

Maybe today is your day
Your beginning

If I can do it- anybody can




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch