week at a glance- keep those miles coming!

The days are blurring together-
Training is going well-
I totter between elation and utter fatigue

A couple thoughts on last weeks training-
********
I find if I tell myself I have farther to go-
ie: 20 miles instead of 18... The 18 go better


Not sure if lying to oneself is appropriate
But, come marathon day-
I may just shoot for 30 miles,
and conveniently quit 3.8 miles shy????
*******
Treadmill runs

These used to be pure dread
Zombie running

But, with my schedule,
A tread run is sometimes the only way to get one in

I've chosen to embrace the bore

And use it to sharpen

I've used it to work on focus
Nothing more tricky than trying to keep yourself in the moment- 2hours strait on that thing

For speed

For work in changing lead-off leg

Etc
*************

And I find myself revisiting just 'why' I run.
Especially now, 5 weeks out from my first marathon- it's important to remain true to who you are.
my shout out to all my running buddies!
Keep those miles coming!
I am not an elete
But I do want to be my best

The balance between pushing and pulling

Pushing to be better, stronger, faster
Pulling back to keep free from injury, or burnout.
I'm constantly encouraged by seeing my friends running posts on Facebook, Endomondo and the Loop.

How powerful friendships can be in keeping motivated to not give up on training.


**********************
Long run this week- 15.5 miles
First half began at 4am
fun run with the girls!
just like old times~
 
Second half ran with the girls
It has been a long time coming-
So fun to have these friends


















The weekend and holiday had us enjoying family-

Is there anything better?



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch