Southwest Winter




my trusty laptop has been a bit lonely as of late-
So has the road

Lack of motivation
Chilly temps
Hubby's new early work schedule
Holidays

Excuses everywhere

Not running is fast becoming the new 'norm'
It scared me

I make myself run on the treadmill at my gym
It doesn't feel human

No spark of imagination
simply marking miles.

I worry this is my life.

Then

Saturday

I decide to take a road run

Not going to lie
It was hard

But there was something about the air
The sky

That made me remember

Miles 1-3
I stop every1/4 mile to huff and puff
walk
then shuffle
And run again

This is me
Nothing new here
But it's OK
I keep myself from the usual chiding
Bemoaning my slowness
And embrace the fact that I like to not feel rushed
I like to stop and walk
I like forgetting the clock

Running on my terms
By myself

Even being so brazen as to call it running
Makes me feel daring
I smirk
The fun is back

I relax into my new found rhythm
Run
I am not alone

Little tracks along the way
Cheer me on

fellow runners leave their mark

I ask myself why it took me so long to get out

But isn't that how it always is

You have to be ready
You have to want it

The rest of the run has me in awe of the beauty around me

Southwest Winter
Snow Topped Mountains

 It's going to be a good year
A very good year.......
















Comments

Tennille said…
Ah. That's what I needed. A good Wordquota run review. Thanks!
Heather said…
Nothing like a run outside to give me something to chat about-
Gives me hope I can do a little more of this training stuff!
Thanks for all the encouragement!

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch