The picture in your head of how it's supposed to be...

Saturday, January 12th
 
After last saturday's fabulous run,
I had a renewed excitement for training
 
I had plans
 
Run monday and Tuesday in 'the weather'
 
Wednesday or Thursday could be my treadmill day
 
Friday surely would have time for a quickie run before a hair appt rounded out my week
 
Yep, those were my plans
I was proud of myself for being the architect of my running destiny
 
That was last Saturday
 
Then cameSunday,
And
One of our renters called---
 
Their water heater's leaking
 
Fast forward through plumbers,
Drywall guys
And ripped out flooring-
 
And you get a really messed up week
 
I did manage a few treadmill runs
 
Nothing thrilling
 
The stuff life is made of
 
And now it's Saturday again....
 
I lace up and head out
 
It's cold
 
Blister half way through
 
Not a fabulous run
 
But beautiful
 
And that was enough
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch