Red letter day

Today was a red letter day-

Veterans Day 
As I headed out for my run
I must admit, 
It wasn't on my mind

New charts
New angles 
Trying to dissect this thing I love called running
Down to its lowest common denominator 
So that magically 
It will click
And like clockwork 
I will transform 
My slow self
Into something 
Less so

3 marathons down 
You'd think I'd know
Which way to go at it 
So that the next 
Will be better

Violin Running
Nailed it
When we texted 
On the subject-
"Start from scratch"
She said

She was right
But
Just how does one
Begin again?


Today I did
And
It was amazing

Halfway through
I stopped thinking of the run
And let it take care of itself

I stopped thinking about me

My mind began to think of the day
The pride I have for this great country
For those who gave all
That I may run free










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch