Flip a switch and go on a Dark Run-

So I have this thing called a marathon coming up

I swear it's my last

And since technically you only have one shot at running your last marathon
I've got to do this one right.
Right?

I was going to complain about how I'm not motivated
And already burnt out on running
Although I don't know how I could be burnt out when
I'm not even running
Pity me
blah blah blah

But last night around 9:30pm

A switch flipped
Annnnnnnd there it was
I got the running bug
Holy hallelujah
That's what I'm talking about

So excited
There was nothing left to do but get geared up and head out
For a dark run

Now there's something about a dark run
Even better if the dark is at night

Morning runs are meticulously planned
I don't remember the last time 
I accidentally woke up at 4 
And decided to randomly head out to run

But a night run?
Now that's a bit of heaven 

There's something spontaneous
You don't plan
They just happen

Born out of desperation
A night run is nothing but a show of sheer will 

I rushed around, tucking kids in 
Promising hubby I'd hurry

And then I ran
It got that feeling you get when you 
Get crazy and let your kiddos open just one present on Christmas Eve

That was me
Getting crazy
Grinning from ear to ear

Running











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's happening

Stretch

Wild Goose Chase