Scavenger Hunt Run

Slept in....

Knew I HAD to get out and run....

But I was "cozy-cold"
You know, that cozy feeling you have
Snuggled up in your pjs
Knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt
You'll be miserable cold if you take them off.

So I pulled out my running gear
Put them in the dryer
Hit start.

That'll teach 'em
I thought to myself
Smug grin.


Took a moment to check on the loop
See how all the running folk are doing---
They were all running fierce...

Better get MY run on

Dryer clothes retrieved
Ahhhhhhhh so cozy!

Molly sees me getting my gear on
"Mommy, are you going for a run?
"Why don't you just stay in and do that machine"
She says, pointing to the elliptical

Really?

Do THAT machine?


I appeased her-
Netflixed a Wallace and Grommit-
49 minutes of machine fun.

Ughhhh...


I really needed a run.

So----
Kids safely movied and Xbox 360'd
Out I went.
New shoes made me smile,
But I was bored.


I had to stay close for kids' sakes.
Neighborhood runs make my skin crawl.


But then I saw it-
Nothing exciting-
But the stuff popping out
Gave me an idea


Scavenger hunt-
Gather pics
Cool Christmas presents
Boxes tell the tale



I was off
The run became fun


Zig-zagging up and down
Blocks of cans

Snapping pics-
New jewelry box
Made me wonder -
Did she get diamonds?










New play kitchen for some lucky little girl
The exact one I'd have picked for Molly
If we had the room for it












Rounding the corner
I laughed at the overflowing
Recycling bin of bottles














Someone even got a kitchen remodel



About mile 3
Some gal spotted me
Snapping a pic of her trash


Awkward




I duck down the next street
Snap a pic of myself
Just to double check


Phew!
I look like a mom-
Not a gangster
Scouting her trash for a weekend heist
Surely she won't judge






On I run
Scavenger hunt continues
Can't remember when I had this much
Corny fun.




Almost 6
I wind my way toward home
I think of my fun present from my honey Ryan

























But them I look down and see my shadow

Had to take a pic
Ok- like 10 pics
I looked crazy skinny and tall!




Maybe there's something to this running thing after all
*sigh*








Comments

Tennille said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE the trash bins!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch