Running a marathon doesn't make you a runner

So, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that:

Running a marathon doesn't make you a runner.

Running does-

I know after a race, there is a need to rest
But a few days into mine-
A fleeting thought crossed my mind

It scared me.

Made me realize that's how you can run into someone that says,
"Oh- yeah- I used to run....."

So today I thought it high time I started another training chart
ViolinRunning convinced me to use Hanson's Marathon Training Plan



Today was a humbling 2 ish miles
2 measly miles
Where's the glory in that?

After all, hadn't I just run a more respectable 5 on Saturday-

But here I am obeying this plan-
Check my pace goal
Then start out too fast
And die halfway through

On a two miler

You see- I've always hated miles 1-4
In any run

So these next 5 weeks, will be a challenge as I run the dreaded 1-4 over and over and over-

Until finally in week 6
My chart thinks I'm ready for more

Sigh

But I did find the joy-
I was running,

Because I'm a runner

Yep, I said it
I'm a runner

I ran 2 miles today

That proves it.




Comments

Cindy said…
I love reading your blog. I started running about three years ago and do a run walk plan. (run 4 mins/ walk 1 min)My first marathon is in two weeks. I just wanted to let you know what an inspiration your blog is. Thanks for sharing your running journey. ~Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch