The after life-

Life after THE marathon
I should really say 'a' marathon
Saying 'the' marathon makes it sound like it's going to be the only one.

I plan on more

The day after was downright funny
I will never rush the elderly again
I looked like an old lady
I felt like an old lady
It hurt-

And stairs

Who knew they could strike fear and trembling!


Fam and I went to the Mall of America,
It was my idea
For me, the best remedy for sore running legs has always been walking
Kate laughed at me when it came to the stairs thing...

Kate's impersonation of me and stairs post race---
Let's just say it included weeping waling and gnashing of teeth
I've never laughed so hard
And that made the actual stair pain that much more bearable!


























Yeah, her impersonation was a bit humilating in a fun way---
Let's just saybacks were SAAWEET
When I snapped a moustached pic of them at Claire's



BUSTED! love moms face as the Claire's lady yells
"NO PHOTOS!!!!!"






















Took this photo for my son Riley, who loves Legos
These are murals at Lego Land at the MOA
They are created entirely with the littlest
'one button' Legos



















More fun surprises when later that day mom and dad hand me a box to open
The outside card read
"Congratulations on completing your first marathon, we're proud of you"
Inside a fun blingy bracelet
Absolutely perfect
And unknowingly--- my race day colors
I tear up



















Later, I note the occasion on the back
So I never forget.




All good things must come to an end
It's time to get on a plane and fly back home
My parents are always one to worry about time
Early they drop us off

I walk in and laugh
Look at that wimpy security line
Shake my head for the extra time we'll have



Security's a nightmare?
What nightmare?
This looks like cake!!!!




















I start to hop in the line,
Only to have a security guard stop me and point to a sign
That read:
"Blah blah blah, personnel and airline employees only- blah blah blah"
And pointed me in the right direction

Yep, you guessed it
Nightmare!

Oh well,
Glad my folks new what they were doing after all!

I step in line
And it all becomes a blur

Good bye TCM
See you next time!




ANNNND there it is:
Security line mayhem
see you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch