13.1 wild hare run

I just couldn't help it-

I'd been thinking about it all last night-

My Sis-in-law gets to run yet
ANOTHER half this weekend
Seriously!
Isn't that a bit excessive?

Not in the least-
I'd run one too if I could.

But wait-
I can-
Virtual though it may be-
13.1 is just a mile marker
Anybody can get to.

And that's when the white rabbit
Jumped the hole.

How was I not to follow this
'Wild hare'?

Prep was minimal-

2 water bottles
3 packs of fruit snacks

Dropped kids off at school.

Deposited said water bottles
At mile 6 and 9.

Then home to start the trek.

Route chosen-
It would be a run up foothills-

Chosen mostly for it's solitude-
NOT it's abundant crazy hills-

The first three miles could be Described by most as an
Utter fail-

The stoplight took forever
Toward the end of mile1-
Which turned into a gruesome
Hill climb in mile 2-
Mile 3 laughable-
Some truck flagged me down
For directions-
I thought they were stopping me
Because I looked like
I needed help-
Probably did.

But mile 4 brought the most
Beautiful sight-



Look at that
Snow on the mountain!

My iPhone doesn't begin
To capture the scene
That ran with me-

Oh it was marvelous

The route took me up
Up
Up
Up

I finally rounded the corner Foothills to Lakewood
Marking the halfway point of the run-

I said hello to our land
That held a stashed water bottle-
And thought about the
'Someday' house we might build

Sigh

Then off to retrace my steps
Toward home.

Only took a wrong turn once-
You can see it's finger jut on the map-




Then down
Down
Down
Down
Down

One last water bottle

Home.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

SARA E HERNANDEZ said…
You rock my world. Awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch