Re-live it & Make it New

This post is a procrastinated post.
This run was completed 3 days ago.

Typically I can't wait to share thoughts and pictures on a run,
Blog it into oblivion.
But this run was different.

It's not that it was a hard run.
Discouraging, no-
New route-no. 

Ever have a run that didn't go as planned, and it haunts you? 
Maybe even a race-
Just something that you keep replaying in your mind.
craving a 'do-over'

I've got one too.
Nothing serious.
Just a training run that rocked- then ran awry-

A missed photograph of a building that intrigued me.
Not really worth all the emotional drama-
A silly little training run, but I can't shake it.

Monday morning I finally got the chance to re-capture it.
Funny how I had built it up in my mind-
This perfect run-
This perfect picture-

It was neither.

Just a simple run
Ordinary snapshot
"The photo"- yawn

How many times do I do that to myself?
Live in the past.
Reliving yesterday's victory as if it's today's.
Or defeat-
I finished the run more thoughtful-
I pushed harder-
Sweated a little more-
Ran a bit longer-
Savored it-
Only then did I realize, I hadn't relived an old run
I'd made it new.
The one meant for today
And it was good.

Live in the Moment

Comments

GentleScholar said…
Love the post. Very cool

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch