Coffe Run


Saturdays are for celebrating.
My son, Riley enjoys a good pancake.
He has single handedly created a tradition of
"Pancake Saturdays" by his sheer will and sweet coaxing.

Today Molly helped.

Usually we make Great Harvest pancakes,
But I ran out of mix-
Good old fashioned home-made were just that-
GOOD-

Breakfast cleared and cleaned,
One thing on my mind.

MY saturday tradition- a good old fashioned run.


But the day had other plans.
Kids rooms needed tidying, floors needed sweeping, you get the idea-
The day was getting away.

I wondered if my girlfriends had gotten their run in already-
A quick check to Endomondo told me, not yet-
they had 8 scheduled for today.
I had 6.

As if they read my mind, my phone chimed in a text.

Boy did I ever want to run with them again-
The last time I'd run with these gals was all the way back in August (read about it here)

Wow- had it really been that long ago?
They had continued their Saturday group runs,
Training for Duke City-
 
I had run on my own.

I couldn't wait to try a group run again-
And what better incentive than running to Durango Joe's-
(I'm a coffee fanatic!)





I head out, to get a few warmup miles in-
But there was nothing warm about them-

I snapped a few photos before the snow sarted flying-

Soon I see the girls coming up the road, and we are off !

Chat, chat, chat-
I'd forgotten how a group run brings with it the fun of conversation.
I'd forgotten how winded I get when I talk!

Snow upon snow
Wind
I want to run faster, but need to walk
And I do
The next few miles were filled with this silly walk jog

We laugh

We wipe our drippy noses

We finally make it!

Now THIS is a tradition I could get used to-

Coffee run-anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch