Other Side of the Fence


My Fence
Outside looking in-

Been wandering aimlessly this week.

Even thought about forgoing running all together and post a few fall "spring cleaning" blurbs for good measure. (my cupboards are looking especially happy these days)

Cleaning house is a sign of discontentment.

My hubby loves it when I clean and organize, but for me it reinforces my shortcomings.

I guess it's good to get it all out in the open, right the ship, and move on... rather than have some unsuspecting visitor happen upon my stash of  heaped up pots.

My discontentment lay in a secret wish.
Don't ask me why I didn't vocalize it.
A silly little wish of a run.






Hubby's in the home stretch getting his M.S.M.E through Purdue. 
Every ounce of energy is focused on him finishing strong.
His "marathon" of sorts-
Only 4 weeks left,
I am so proud-

And yet, I digress-
About a month or so ago,
Our little town started organizing it's first Turkey Trot.

This phenomena is SO newsworthy I know-
Especially when compared to the insane blankets
Of numbers, letters, lines of code
Worked tirelessly each night,
Homework upon homework completed at the dining room table by DH.

But there it is.
I wanted to run it.

It's in our own town for pete's sake.
It's only a 5k

Everybody and their mother is running it.

Last night was the registration deadline.

Midnight came and went-

I was on the outside looking in again.

But THAT was last night.

What a difference a day makes.
Txt and phone calls this afternoon.

My favorite shoe store Brown's had 10 sponsored entries-
Did I want one?

Did I want one-
Boy did I ever!

Tonight, I had to run.
3 little miles came and went.

I wasn't crazy fast-
But I was happy.

No-
I was thankful.

Can't wait for Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch