breaking and entering- cause I've got Yassos to do!

Monday, March 26th



No run this morning.
How does that happen?
Well, for starters, Molls seemed on the sick side of things the whole weekend....
So-
Knowing the rest of my week was a bust,
I decided to preemptively bring her in to the good Doc today...

Yep, you guessed it-
Nothing but the common cold.....
for now---
Do they offer a 7 day refund on that visit- should symptoms persist?

Oh well, good mommy points for me.

I really wanted to text BlueSkyGirl to see if she wanted to run trails with me, now that she has her fabulous BLUE Brooks Cascadias....
Wait a minute----
hmmmm she just got the BLUE bottomed Pure Flows.....
Now Blue cascadias......
Just huge PR'd her Moab half-----
Wait for it-
Wait for it-
Is she working on superhero powers and a loop costume?
(I'll do some sluething and keep you posted)

Trail run scratched-
Preemptive Dr appointment substituted-
The rest of the day was a scheduled blurr.

Now it's 5:30ish-
I'm driving home form taking Kate to violin lessons at ViolinRunning's studio
When I see NMRunnerGirl pass me going the other way.
It must be fate
must RUN today!!!
I flash text RunningMommaOf2 and NMRunnerGirl to see if they'd be up to running the track while the older boys had wrestling practice.

Yeah- I'm no fortune teller.
My whole 'it must be fate' judge-er was totally off.
RunningMommaOf2 was working late (duh---this has been her schedule for HOW long now?)
NMRunnerGirl was headed home to run while her dinner baked, just before hubby was to leave for night shift on the force. (read about the run she had here)

Hmmmmm
Surely I was supposed to run today......

Undeterred,
I put the running gear on, and headed to the high school.

We are somehow magically early to wrestling?!
(that never happens)

"I KNOW JUST WHAT I SHOULD DO FOR MY RUN TONIGHT!"
(I said in my best Phineas and Ferb voice)

Yassos!

Every body's been talking about how you can run Yasso 800's and train for a predicted marathon outcome.

Surely I could get one or two in before I deposited Riley up to wrestling practice...
Then come back down and do some more.

Yippee for great ideas!

I tell the kids it will be fun...
Kate brings her book
Riley and Molls their dollar store pocket kites
(save your dollars folks-they're a bust)

Some of Riley's friends are early to practice too
They jog over to join us

Together we jog up to the gate--

WHAT??????
It's totally padlocked shut!
I'm in disbelief.

I start ranting my rant about how I pay taxes-
And get nothing back because my kids go to private
And the ONE time I can use what my tax dollars pay for- they padlock it!
WELL NOT TODAY!!!!
and Molls slinks through


















Then another kid

and another


















and another

What the huckle-buckle beanstock-
I shimmy through too

You could almost hear angels singing, the aura on that track was amazing!




















Then-
I saw two track runners whizz by
Yeah,
Track's soo not closed.
I just chose the wrong gate to try.
Oops-

I situate my reader, and kite fliers

Then run around the track super fast
well, not really-
I check with PJ (that's my Garmin's nickname- her big name is Penelope Jane-)
My pace is about 11min/mile
But it felt like I was screaming fast....

Question-
What is it about a track that makes me feel like I'm going sooooooo fast,
When I'm really not?

Then another question-
(This one much more vital to tonight's quest)
Inquiring minds want to know--

How many laps is an 800?????

Shoot-

I don't even know

This could prove problematic.
I look around for backup in the Yasso world.
I see a teenager running backwards on the football field
She is barefoot
One ankle is taped
If I was a betting woman, I'd bet she's a runner.

Yep, I was right
She tells me 2 laps, with a knowing grin-
I make a note to self,
That,
If I am ever really wanting to look like a convincing runner-
Tape an ankle and hoof it.

I would love to post that the Yassos were amazing
That I crushed the very life out of that track
That barefoot runner 'high-fived' me as I ran, so amazed was she with my running prowess...

But, no-
I saw one of my piano student's moms walking
We stopped to chat
Must have chatted up a crazy storm, because her honey walked past and told us we surely were burning calories galore with all that jawing

Got a phone-call
Got some texts

Comforted my now freezing children, and coaxed them to let me run "just 2 more laps"

They did
I did

So the Yasso's were a bust- today
I know I'll visit them again.
But,
I did get my feet around the track
And 2ish miles in

And that, my friends-
Is how you have a quasi
Guilt-free day.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch