The last long run

Thursday march 8th
The last long run

My chart on my fridge is telling me my work for this half is coming to a close
(See my littlest's red post-it-notes?....cheering me on)










Decided my shoes will be Brooks Ghosts- (i think)
Not really a white person-
Yes- I've ranted on this before
(dear Asics-I'm not Racist-I just hate white)



before sharpie














Decided I needed to stop complaining and take matters into my own hands.
Sharpie pens work just fine here.
Yeah, my 4 year old adores them.... and that gives me pause.
But hey, they are definitely not white.



after sharpie











*****************************************
The run....
The run was interesting.
Noticed my runs being described this way as I ramp up to my first half.

Interesting because there seems to be a bit of discrepancy as to where my pace is....
Chock that up to newbie training I suppose.
One things for sure-Penelope Jane (my garmin) valentine present from my hubby- is the most amazing tool yet.

Interesting because I keep learning more about myself as I run... finding things to work on both in running and in life...


Interesting because I've not tired of the training. More and more wanting to do better, be better.

**************************

Lots of things happened on this run....
Tried to figure out how to carry 3 mini juice boxes by attaching them to this cheap walmart running fanny pack type thing....FAIL (should have taken photos---- you'd have gotten a good laugh)
Oh how I wish we had more access in this little town to running gear!

Hat was toooooooooo hot
Stashed it in a bush on our land
(but think I really need one...I'm sensitive to sun.... may pick up a lighter running hat tomorrow)

Hill work is paying off.....

Focus remains the big weakness.
On training runs, I have to stay available--
So if I get a call or text, it needs and gets my attention.
Although, on this run, I did run 'smart' by using these interruptions as my hydration break-which worked well, for the most part.  Also took this stop as my one photo op. Not particularly newsworthy photo-wise.... but it satisfied my love of documenting a run with a photo.

Hoorah for the last long run before a race.....
Race-----What? You mean it's a.........
Tag, you're it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch