Dear Asics-I'm not racist- I just hate white

Glorious run today-

Nice five mile jaunt

More fast and slow
More form adjustments

I really enjoyed this run-
I had a light attitude, and talked to myself the whole way-

First:
"You know-if you'd just move those stubby legs God gave you-
You'd go faster..."

I laughed-
partially because I always try to stay sheltered from such 'horrid' thoughts-

And partially because I was proud of being able to joke with myself-

I'm learning not to loathe what I consider flaws-
but be thankful for this quirky body-
This 'tool' I was given-
It may not be a 'power tool' like yours-
But, hey- it gets the job done.

Second:
"Dear Asics, I'm not racist, I just hate white."

I've ranted about this before- (Glass Slipper)
But why, oh why are running shoes white?
I love my Asics Gel Nimbus,
Really feel I need to keep a cush stability shoe in the lineup for longer runs-
But I'm so over the boring color choices.

And for the next few miles I dictated a letter to the 'powers that be'-

Warning-
I WILL choose a suitable flashy replacement for my Gel Nimbus

Pleading-
I beg you- with all that is holy
STOP using white.

Threatening-
I'll blog you into OBLIVION
Yeah- you heard me-
Be afraid-
29 whole people read my post yesterday-

Wishing-
Someone with more clout would take up my cause-
"Get-er-done-"
And SEND me that first fabulously flashy trial pair!

*sigh*
I pass this torch on to the 29 people who read my post yesterday-
Please boycott white shoes everywhere.
*sigh*

Rant over-
I get back to my run-

And what a beautiful run it was-
Don't you love it when you run your 'regular'-
With fresh eyes?

 How had I not seen this before?
 I run in awe-


Why I love the desert! 













Stubby legs
Flaming white shoes


We run on and on and on............



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Kitty said…
OH, I so hear you on the bland color choices from Asics. My latest GT 2160s actually came with aqua and orange trim. Exciting, but still mostly white. Maybe we should do a petition.
eric said…
I never buy white. I have black Nike Free and Green New Balance MT 101.. no white for this white guy!!!
Heather said…
Seems like so many shoe brands are receptive to the 'color thing'- even asic's minimal shoes have jumped on board the color wagon. I can't figure out why the nimbus style is so behind on this issue- thanks for the empathy!

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch