Run Because You Can

Last night I heard news that my sweet friend Katie has a hip fracture from running.

I cried for her last night.

What is it about this sport that makes you so in-tune with others' pain, victories, mile-stones, struggles-
An unspoken comradre.

I even find myself secretly cheering runners on, as I drive past them randomly running on the street- wishing I too were out running.

What is it about running that makes it so precarious-
I KNOW the answer-
But still can't help but ask WHY?
I am reminded that we are but dust.

Last night, I used my elliptical because the dull pain in the back of my calf is still there-

I will be careful-
I will use my old time of 14-15 minutes per mile to simulate a run.

It was ok. I did not have pain.

I am thankful- I have decided this is what must be done to fully heal.

I saw this quote on pinterest a few weeks ago before it had meaning-




If you can run-
will you?

Run one for me-
Run one for Katie-

I will be the one wistfully smiling as I drive past---

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch