Sock it to 'em!

When I first started running, one of the first words of advice was buy 'good' socks.

So I did.
I went to TJ Maxx instead of Walmart.

I obviously had no idea what 'good' socks meant.

I have since been further educated on the whole sock matter-

And can honestly say: "Socks matter!"

I am by no means an authority on the subject- this review serves as a gentle guide and personal description- and as you will see, is by no means exhaustive, as only two brands will be reviewed today.

Feel free to message me for my address, to send me samples of YOUR favorites to try! HA!

But I digress-

Here's a few thoughts.

-Feetures brand-

Feetures Elite socks were my first try at a performance running sock. I actually bought them, right on the spot, when trying on running shoes at Brown's. I needed a 'try-on' sock- they pulled out the Feetures-

I have to say, this was an eye opener.
For the first time, my feet felt good. I was hooked.
Feetures! Elite claims to be Feetures' most technically advanced sock. Thanks to the Sock-Lock™ support system, your foot and sock become one.

I loved the compression.
I loved that the toe was reinforced without seams
I have crazy elf toes that point up- Which means they eat socks on a regular basis (and shoes too- my Asics only lasted 3 weeks before getting a hole in both toes)
The toes on these babies are PERFECT.

I like the way the arch hugs your foot (their web-site calls it a Power Arch, and it's being patented- it's THAT good)

I really do love that they are anatomically created specifically for your Right and Left feet.

Though this pro can turn into a con when coupled with my organizational skills. I worry about the sock monster eating them- I have already worn a pink R with a blue L because I couldn't find a matched set after a wash. My advice, buy two pairs!

This brand fits snug, if you are unsure, go up a size.

My only negative on this is that it does have a bit of a synthetic feel.
Their fiber content is:80% iWick® Nylon, 13% Polyester, 7% Lycra® Spandex.
Your feet don't sweat per-se, they just feel like they could.

That aside, the overall the fit on these makes them a great choice for running-
Absolutely NO sock movement AT ALL.



Smartwool Brand
The king of performance socks- their brand recognition is by far the best.

I've even heard the term 'smartwool' used much like Kleenex is used interchangeably for tissue-

First up is: SmartWool's PhD running ultra lite mini:

I love the way these look and feel.
They are knit in USA of 57% Merino Wool, 39% Nylon, 4% Elastane with WOW technology- (wool on wool) to reduce shock and abrasion in high impact areas.

Smart Wools run larger than Feetures.








I wore these ONE day with my Danskos.
The ankle band is wicked tight.
I don't consider myself to have 'cankles' but the fit on these could make me self consciously believe that I did.

Oh, and I rubbed a hole in the toe.
BY NOON.

Yeah- tell me about it.

These are definitely NOT for me.




next up:
Smartwool's PhD Running Light-Micro








Now THIS sock has some beef to it-
In a Teddy-bear kind of way-

Same WOW technology as the Ultra Light Mini, but with a bit more cushioning. On their website, they have a cushioning chart- this sock is a 3 while the Ultra-lite is a 2.

The feel of these beauties is AMAZING-

So THIS is what 'SmartWool' means-

Your feet are never hot, never cold, never anything but comfortable.

There is a light 'compression' to this style, though not really supportive.

And that, is the one thing I wish it had more of.

I think the sock might slip a bit on a run-

WAIT A MINUTE-

Here I am giving you a review on these lovely Pink socks, and I just realized-
I've never run in them.  I bought the SmartWool  Running Lite-Mico's as a 'pity-me' gift to myself because I had to take a break from running.

hmmmmm.
*maybe we should fix that* slight grin-----( I haven't had any pain ALL day---)

I know it's 10 minutes past 9pm --but I know you're dying to know my humble opinion on these guys-

I'll be right back-

TO BE CONTINUED......................




http://www.feeturesbrand.com/index.php/category/multi-sport/163#

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch