Hello wrong turn!

Today I begin my life after 13.1.

That milestone complete, it's time to 'man up' and see if this running thing is for real.

I wear my running gear to drop the kids off at school- grab a fabulous caramel machiatto at Durango Joes with my sister-in-law Jen, type up a little blog post-

It's time-

Get in the car to head to Berg Park- a perfect easy 3-

But boy, do I have to go-

Drat- stupid coffee!

Then I had a grand idea- next to Berg is the Marriott, and right inside their conference entrance is a gorgeous foyer with a nicely situated 'water closet'- complete with chandelier-



Marriot 'water closet' heehee
Pat myself on the back for my great idea-
Then  I'm off-
Off on my first 'after 13.1' run.

I think there's something wonderful about this run. There are no expectations- I run, with every intention to walk.

But the run feels heavenly, and the day is absolutely gorgeous-

Everyone seems to be out today- I say "hello!" as they pass.

"hello" (wave)

"hello" (wave)

"hello" (smile & wave)

Why am I saying 'hello' to every single stinking person I pass? Really? Am I in some 'junior miss' parade?

But I can't help it, it just comes out- "hello" - shoot I said it again!

I guess I am my parent's daughter. My mom & dad have never met a stranger-Minnesotan to the core- they'd be doing the same thing - only they'd probably add a bit of conversation too- like:
"great morning for a walk!"
"did you bring your bread for the ducks, they're out in full force today!"

Love them for that-

So on I run letting my turret-like "hellos" spill out.

Take a turn, and recognize the path, the spot of my favorite picture of a Berg run, snapped by my friend, Clare. I have to try my hand at capturing it!








Still like hers best!





*Sigh*
I'm in such a great mood, I want to revel in it.

Detour anyone?

I pick a path and go for it-

Little bridge?
Sure!

On I run- the trail turns serious- is this an oilfield road?

I look up ahead, and spy a runner clipping at a good pace- so I keep on- he runs out of sight.

Then he comes back-

He doesn't really look my way- I don't say "hello" thinking he's deep in the work if his run-

But no, he'd realized what I soon would.

Wrong turn!

I come to not one- but 2 dead ends!





I hate the thought of defeat by admitting I was wrong, and retracing my steps, so I run the road the other way-





Yep, there it is Southside River Rd-

I laugh to myself, I'd totally bypassed the park and was now on the outskirts of it in the neighborhood and industrial side of town.

At least it wasn't far to get back to my car.

I ran across the big bridge and snap a pic.





I think this running thing is going to stick!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch