Carbo-loading Sympathy

Yesterday was Thursday-

And what a day!
In a funk.
Eating everything in site,
Eating without even thinking about it-
Crazy, horrid----

Carbo-loading?

Now there's an excuse I could live with,
It sounds so sporty too-
Only I already ran My Half- 3 weeks ago-
And have been plagued with a small injury,
Leaving me in no way worthy of a glorious carbo-load.
(and I know you serious athletes out there would be appalled by my idea of what one is anyway)

Surely there's some other excuse I could create-

Sympathy carbo-loading!

YAY!


The past few days, I've been thinking about Duke City this weekend. 
About my great friends running their 'Half"-
About injuries-
About what I would do if I couldn't run again.

Compulsive running blog reading...has rounded out my late night entertainment.
Oh yeah, I submitted my blog too----
To be catalogued on their site amongst some of my famous favorites.
Favorites like:
Run Faster Mommy
26.2 Quest
The Loop
And for a whole week my blog was eerily in the TOP 50----WOW!
What an honour!

I put their little logo on my page...
Nothing wrong with a little backdoor bragging-- right?

Soooooo I just checked it -
Scroll down to the flame logo and you'll see it too--
Not only am I NOT in the top 50 (surprise surprise)
But I am now 142 down on the list.
Can I get a 'WHOOP! WHOOP!'  for mediocrity! haha

I really am belly laughing as I type this-- that is tooo funny!

Well, after the shameless grazing-
Reality hit.
I am going to have to pay big for the:

1 Melaluca Access bar
1 Raspberry pop tart
5 Hershey's mini chocolate almond  bars
2 pot stickers
1 egg roll
1 fried chicken leg
1 med Starbucks caramel macchiato


And it was only 2pm
SAD, SAD, SAD

I put on my tennis shoes.
Surely just that act alone would burn some calories.

No time for a 'proper' run, I tried my legs out running a figure 8 around my kitchen and living room.
'Viola'!!!!!!
The carbo-loading worked!!!!
(just kidding)

BUT
There was NO PAIN!
I am so happy- I text my honey:
"Just ran around the house, and I have no pain!!!!!!!"
Thinking he'd say -'get out and run!'
But he is the voice of reason, and texted only:
"Be careful"

Now that I think about it,
Maybe he was more worried about me actually running in the house,
Than me actually running....
Hmmmm....
I'll have to look into that.

****************
The rest of the day was a blur--

'Til suddenly it was 10:15pm
Ryan was still plugging away on Thermo homework

I remembered my run around the house,
Knew it was time to try my legs outside.

Ryan graciously loaned me his iPhone so I could at least stream Pandora
(Can't wait  for my replacement phone to come in!)

Warm-up walk out the neighborhood felt better than good.

Next up- the jaunt across the street to get to the College.

This simple crossing of the street, tells me everything I need to know about a run.

Today was GOLDEN!!!

I can't tell you how unbelievable it was to simply run across the street with no pain.
I wanted to cry, to shout, jump up and down!

I simply said "Thank you- I will never take this for granted again"

And I ran.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch