Let's Dish

Ok- yesterday I was terribly crabby.
This is NOT a drill people.

There are lots of cures for crabbiness.
ice-cream comes to mind.

But I went for a 'run' instead.
Well, not really a RUN,  'kite surfing' is what I picked Endomondo to post-
I was going to try on some interval training for size, and kite surfing seemed to fit the bill-
Plus it made me smile, and THAT my friend, is an accomplishment.




Sick of having pain.
Sick of being slow.

Sick of reading about running-
I just want to get out there and do it-
And do it NOW-
Then read some more.


My reading of late is centered around running form.

I've been watching all sorts of YouTube videos on proper form. Seems, the one thing (among many) I forget, is that little lean forward.

I tried it last night.

An ever-so-slight lean.
It helped.

Intervals went well too.
Running faster felt so much better, smoother than my normal woggy jog tempo.

But I find I loose my breath faster than my legs tire of it.

I guess that's why it's called interval training.

Pain is back in my left calf.
I really do need to adress it- just trying to figure out where and when.

Don't think it's major, it doesn't tell me to stop... just has been lingering for over 3 weeks now.

I was so proud of myself tonight,
I worked first---
Telling myself I'd double back for this great architectual photo op I'd seen at the beginning of my run.

But as I was working a speed drill, checking my time on my phone
(I had just picked up my replacement iPhone a few hours before my run-yay!)
I dropped that silly thing-
It blacked out-

I really, really, really need a Garmin-
Any favorites on this front?

I trudged home---  hoping Ryan wasn't texting or calling- knew it had to be at least 10:30pm by now.

He wasn't-
He was lost in a sea of numbers and letters-
Fluid Mechanics
Design Optimization

I plugged my phone into it's jack-

Little apple lights up....

I grab a bowl of ice-cream anyway.

It's been that kind of day.





ps,
Today is sooo much better, might even 'kayak' my endomondo self out tonight to snap that pic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch