The Glass Slipper

Yesterday I was feeling like the ugly step sister-

Went with Clare and Jen to try on my 'lust list' shoes, only to find that the 'glass slipper' didn't fit-



At first I thought it was because I was rushed, perhaps I'd tried on the wrong size-so I went back-

Nope- they just don't fit-

I was crushed- every Cinderella in the world would be wearing MY shoe, but me.

I actually had a pity party that went like this:



Naw---- I'll spare you-


But today, the most fabulous thing happened-

Got a text from Tennille:

When r u going to Brown's?
Want to meet there and have coffee?

Tennille is the most amazing-

-Accomplished violinist
-Wonderful teacher
-Runner!!!!!!

Back to Brown's- the shoe quest continues-

Can I just say, there is nothing like staying local for important things like-

hmmmmm

Coffee-Today (compliments of Tennille) was Andrea Christina's Chi Latte iced! (I'm actually dying to take my honey Ryan there for a lunch date-- their soup and sandwiches are heavenly)

Shoes- for me, Brown's is it. I've never felt rushed, they actually help you- AND they have great shoes.

But, i digress-back to the 'glass slipper'-

I've been wearing Asics-



And, while I like them, I was ready to try something else.

Ok, it's actually just a color thing-

why are tennis shoes white???? (I actually just googled this question--- nobody seems to know)

So, lust list shoes out-

Now what?

Yesterday, Brown's had suggested Brooks, and I have to admit, I pushed back a bit-
at first glance, they seemed a bit clunky, older? ---
I don't know-
But- yesterday at violin lessons- Tennille had mentioned them, and last night, my friend Karalea had mentioned them- it must be fate-

Tried one pair on, and I was hooked--




I know they look crazy- but you have to run down to Browns and try these on!!!!!

Tennille raved about the Green Silence style yesterday, now I know why-

I've never tried on a shoe that 'felt like home' *sigh*

But I didn't buy them- (*double sigh*)

They are on the edge of minimalist- a big switch from what I run in now- I need to transition-and fast!

My choice-

Cascadia-



Come to find out, it's on Brown's best seller list-

Going to treadmill them tomorrow-

Keep you posted

There's nothing like a new pair of shoes!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch