Decadent Dark

Monday I had two moles removed on my upper arm.

Stitches.

Ouch.

Such is the life of a Norwegian living in New Mexico.

Doctor isn't too concerned, just a precaution~ fingers crossed.

So today I pulled out the pity card- shut my alarm off, and slept in. Could have slept forever too, had it not been for our crazy cat Milkyway pouncing us awake. That proved to be providence, a minute more and disastrous lateness would have ensued.

Then the business of the day took over.

Before I knew it, the day was gone.

Ryan texted me to feed the kids, he had a long night ahead at the office.

Kids 'fed and watered', baths and pj's -

I read 2 chapters in our Hardy Boys book instead of the usual 1- partly to pass the time- but mostly because the plot was thickening, and you could see it in the kids eyes that 1 chapter was not even close to cutting it tonight.

Kids down- all is quiet-

Except for Riley's random questions:

"How does electricity WORK?"

"How does electricity make THINGS work?"

"How does electricity KNOW how to make things start and stop?"

In and out he comes, new question on a common theme---


Then there's Molly:

Reminding me of all the things I'd forgotten-

Drink-
Blanket-
Fan-
You'd think I'd be trained by now-

Ryan sighs in at 8:30pm-
Still working, only now from home.

I warm fajitas-

And here we are:

Kids in bed-
Ryan in the still and quiet of a working mind-

Usually I am happy to just sit next to him-
But tonight the quiet is too much to bare.
He can tell somethings up-
"What's bothering you?" he says

"Nothing" I reply

I sit-

"Something's on your mind"
He says

And there it is- I love Ryan for this- he simply knows me-
"Can I go for a quick run?"
"Go- but be careful"

 A 9pm start feels alot like an early am start, only the town is awake on it's way to asleep rather than asleep on it's way to awake.

It's a night run. Running in the dark is like decadent dark chocolate. So good for you if you're careful with it-

I feel like a bug at night --always running toward the light.  The best light at night is found at the highschool and the college.

It was decided. Tonight I run my usual loop.

I was 'catty' as I ran the highschool...
Last time I had run at night I realized the first window you see is the teacher lounge. 
Last time it was covered with half drunk cups of coke and microwave dinner boxes-GROSS.
Tonight I hoped to catch them in the act of slovenlyness and snap a pic.
Guess today wasn't as traumatic for the teachers- the only thing gracing the table tonight was one longstemmed rose.

Highschool down, I have 2 miles to go to get to my 5 mile goal.
Next, the college.

I simlpy love running the College.  There is always some new path to take, something new to discover.
Tonight I run it 'backwards' from the way I usually go-
Going 'in' the way I usually go 'out' gave it a whole new perspective.







I ran through Fine Arts Center corridor and enjoyed the glow of the lights and curve of the architecture.  That's when I noticed I had front row seats to an exhibit.

I stopped to enjoy it's showy display just for me.

*sigh*

There's something so wonderful about a Decadent Dark!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch