Trail Hunt & the 7 Minute Mile

There's something fun about a Saturday run.

Less time constraints-
A more relaxed feel-

This morning was just like that. I drank in it's quiet restfulness.

Then I realized it was already 7am-

Gotta get out the door if I'm ever going to get back-

I go to grab my Asics, thinking they'd be best suited for a longer run, but it seems my Brooks Cascadias hid them!

I give them the 'mommy eye' - they promise to be good- so on they go.

The trails were calling my name as I headed out-
but I had to detour down into the neighborhood to mail a letter.

A little warmup jog felt good- passing houses and people going places-

CRAZY DOG runs out towards me barking---

******
you know I love dogs, and never had a fear before I started running-
What is it that makes dogs want to lunge out and 'get' a runner?
Tennille had given me pointers the other day on what to do the next time I ran into a dog- should I try it?
*********

"NO!"
"STOP!"
"SIT!"

Holy cow! It totally worked!

(granted this was some big fluffly teddy bear of a dog and it's owner right at the top of the driveway)

But it worked!

On I jogged, dropped the mail off and realized I'd forgotten to say: "GOOD BOY"
shoot, now my neighbor will think I hate their dogs- oh well, next time?

Going on a trail hunt--
Going on a trail hunt--

The easiest would be to run up to the wilderness park, but what's the fun in doing that first, I have 8 miles on my plate, after all-
surely time enough for a random adventure.

I run to where the subdivision ends and dirt begins.

Funny how you know were to go-

It's like unspoken secret code-

The tracks of those who've gone before-

Only, I was kind of a ditz at first and didn't realize to watch for tracks-

I'd be running along-

drop off

Running along-

Mud

After a few of these I finally realized I kept coming back to some track made my a biker or hiker- duh

Then I was golden, the real run began.


~shadow show down on the sandstone trail~

I really love a trail run.

It's like my legs know what to do-

I don't shuffle-
I take good strides-
The miles fly by-

Run out of dirt, I'm down by English on your way to Target-

Need more dirt!

I run across pinion to catch another trail-

Trail takes me through mile 3-

When did I run 1&2? This is the way it should be-

Heading into mile 4 I realize mother nature is calling my name-

Ok screaming-

Nothing like a call from your mother to get you running!

I realize I'm coming up on the back of PV high school, which means the wilderness park is just a mile away-

Love that Wilderness Park-
Love that bathroom!

That's when it happened.

I was running just off the road on some trail, when endomondo tells me I'd just run mile 5 in 9 min 20 seconds-

What? I've never run that fast- and I'm having a blast- surely there's some running law that states this kind of fun is against the rules-

On I ran- felt like two seconds later endomondo informs me mile 6 is complete and done in 7.08

OK- I'm an optimist, but I have to tell you- as much as I'd like to think I suddenly figured out the whole running thing, the sensible side of me realized endomondo was going wonky-

No worries- I'll just finish my run and enjoy it-

And that's what I did-

Ran all the way home- calm as a cucumber-

According to my calculations, I was just shy of 8 miles.

Endomondo said 9.7

Does it matter either way?

Not in the grand scheme of things.

Fabulous day, fabulous run-













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch