THIS is the Day-

Last night I was feverishly getting ready for today's run. "Practically giddy" was my Facebook status- I think it was the impending run, and NOT my late night latte- but you can never be sure-

It's almost like the house goes into 'nesting' mode-

Lunches packed-
Floor swept and mopped-
Clothes picked out-
Backpacks ready-

As if he didn't already know, I whisper to my honey Ryan,
"Tomorrow's my long run..."

Don't know what it was I was hoping he'd say, but it didn't even cross my mind he'd ask:
"what time do you start?"

*****OK who told on me!?
I thought we had a deal people-
Hubby is NOT to know the scary details of my training-

Like when my brother-in-law outed me about a dog biting me-(no blood and gore, just tore a hole in the side of my running pants)

OR when someone else started talking about us girls running on the highway-

OR what time I start my long runs in the morning-

So shhhhhhhhh

*************

"3:45" was my sheepish reply.

And then I got SHUT DOWN-

So here I was-
9 miles on my plate-
Was I really supposed to run them in front of God and everybody, during the day?

Guess so-

Dropped the kids off-

Picked up a coffee with Jen-

There was no more putting it off- the run must be done!

I decided to do a run I'd been saving- a run my brother-in-law 'Marathon Mike' had suggested-

College-Hood Mesa, this most amazing new stretch of road that seems to go on and on forever. It starts off innocently enough-




Then a steep 3 mile ascent.

As I crested the hill at mile 3 I got choked up-

What is it about running that makes me so emotional?

I was thinking about a conversation I'd had the night before with a friend- a conversation about being satisfied and happy each and every day- OK- so the convo didn't go exactly like that- It went more like this:

Be happy with who you are TODAY- 10 years from now this might be your skinny picture-

I always say that because it happened to me.

I have this photo of me holding Kate- I distinctly remember the day it was taken- I remember getting dressed and telling myself if I just lost 10 more lbs I'd be happy-


10 years and 40 lbs later I've promised never to say that again.

"This is the day that the Lord has made- let us rejoice and be glad in it."

THIS day-

Not 10 years ago-

Not 5 years down the road-

THIS day-

I got choked up because today I was happy- not because of how much I weighed-

Because for the first time it wasn't about that-

I think I'm a wogging/runner!

*gasp*



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Karalea said…
Love this! And love the pic of you and Kate!! So adorable.
Heather said…
This is a treasured photo- it was from our "granny Tuesdays" Jill, Stephanie, and I used to visit granny O'neil every Tuesday- Stephanie was so wonderful to take photos of the kids- i had so much fun looking at them with Kate last night- so thankful for Stephanie's gift- The lesson: never stop taking pictures! :0) ( I've loved seeing your Photos of your new little one!)

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch