Landmark-Old Lady-

So- I took care of those nasty leftovers-

you know- those miles I'd been collecting that had to get done this week.

So glad too, it's been raining off and on ever since.

This morning woke up cold- my first thought was long sleeves- my second-crawling back in bed.

Didn't though, out instead to brave the day, and the wind, and the 8 long miles that lay between me and my weekly mile goals.

....I ran the college loop almost with my eyes shut-- then asked "now what"?

I needed to go somewhere- I was feeling a little wimpy, what with the snuggle-ly cold and my wishy washy mileage goal- and all.

So I plotted a landmark to run to in my mind and went--

********

I remember the first time I picked a landmark-- only it was walking then, and my daughter, Kate joined me in going to the library.






I remember thinking, as we started out, how far away it seemed--- 5 miles for sure-
only to find it a solid 1.5 - making the round trip only 3.
We had a blast, talking and walking, and laughing.

Of course, the library was closed when we got there. So we took some crazy pics and headed back home.






Today there was no talking, walking, and laughing-

Scratch that---

I do talk to myself (all the time)

I did some walking (horrors-no!!!)

and I even laughed out loud a time or two-

Laughed out loud because I was on my way toward Katie's house, and remembered the time my sister-in-law Jen and I were on our way to drop off a present for her new baby, and totally went to the wrong house---

Seriously-- the wreath on this WRONG door was 'old lady' OLD- and we were like- "WOW"

And then we realized it was the wrong door and laughed so hard we cried...

So today I'm running, thinking-
wouldn't it be funny to knock on the 'old lady' door and say- "oh- hi, I'm here for breakfast, Katie invited me."

Not funny?

Guess you had to be there- 'cause I flat laughed out loud this morning.

Anyway-

That was the end of my landmark portion- and not even close to my miles needed-

Note to self:
- pick something farther than far to shoot for-

So now I'm heading back- thinking a Kiwanis run would at least be predictable....

But it's sooo dark I'm left wondering what to do-
Running out of time with 3.5 left on the table, I cave, and do the one thing I pledged I would not do.

The track-

Round, and round, and round.
5-6 pass by, but time is up--

I text my hubby, and ask for more time to finish-

And yes, I, like all good women--who dodge on age, and weight--did fudge on how long my last 2 would take--












- Posted using my iPhone






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch