Run like the wind!

Friday, march 9
Hubby and I have stayed up past midnight, 3 nights in a row. I don't recommend it. This morning, I rationalized in my head great reasons not to run.

Ran a decent run yesterday
  • ITB is a little growly
  • Have to get hubby ready for another business trip
  • Girls have early afternoon hair appointments

Then I get a 'bright and early' text from ViolinRunning- an easy 1 mile sandwich,  with half marathon tempo practice in the middle.

And suddenly a run seemed like a good idea.

Drop kids off at school- teach my nephew a mini piano lesson-

Then off for a run

OK- can I admit something-
  1. I cancelled my usual Friday sis-in-law coffee to get this run in. (need to make that up-thinking I will watch her kiddos so she can get a run in next week)
  2. When I read the part that said:"half marathon pace"... I thought she meant 'half' the normal speed she usually runs-
Which is perfect! Cause my speed is totally right there!

Yeah---- no-
'Race pace' silly!

She'd be running wicked fast-

When my blond roots let go of my brain long enough for the run plan to sink in- I had a moment of panic, then knew it would be absolutely perfect.

And it was.

Long stretch of a road, about a mile in length, would be our course.

She told me her pace goal- i joked with her that I would watch her 'run like the wind'.... Then it turned into breaking records.... Breaking wind.... Totally downhill from there-

Knew there would be no stopping on this trek, tried to snap a silly photo of us- but the sun was in silly places-

had to lighten this crazy photo a ton-  the shadows made us look scary!
can't tell we're having fun, can ya?






















And we're off!

This was a wonderful training run-me being faster, ooops I mean slower- and her fairly bolting at the start to catch her tempo. My first instinct was to sprint after her.
This is where my sweet Penelope Jane (garmin) came in as such a handy helper-
First pass had me either too fast or too slow, but by the turn around I'd found my stride.

Figured it out by the second pass, that the first run is a slight uphill, so the 'back' was down.

Second pass was better, knowing my push at the beginning, would be rewarded with an easier return.

This was hard work-
First pass had me really wanting to walk- or let myself slow down
But by the second, I was thinking I just might be able to push my pace a bit.

Run back to the house was a hoot.
We came upon a little old lady with a walker, who flat moved herself clean to the edge of the sidewalk by a drop off, just so we could pass... didn't mean to scare her... I said a little "Have a great day!" as we passed. She softened when she realized we weren't after her walker or fanny pack.

Then-
Just like that, we were sipping lattes and chatting at Andrea Christina's
Oh- and Breakfast too-
But no photos for evidence-

You didn't see ANYTHING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch