I've got a glass- and there's something in it

Saturday July 20th,

Gorgeous day 

Boys were gearing up to go to our local cars show


I wanted to get in a few miles 

Decided this would be a photo run

A photo run is where you run specifically looking to snap a photo or two

It takes the edge off running simply for running's sake- and makes it creative

And I need to get creative
You see
I have yet to make peace with this new running location

We've been here a year now, at the new house- 
I love it, love the neighborhood 
Love the scenery 

But have had a hard time running it
It's up 'foothills' 
And just as it sounds
Hills on every corner
This is a good thing

But I've only found 2 routes 
One 2.5 miles
The other a 5+ miler
I've been a bit intimidated 
A little down

That's not the norm for me
This self proclaimed 'glass half-full girl' is not amused 

The other day I saw this 
And on the spot made it my mantra

I even catch myself saying 
"You have a glass and there's something in it" 
Over and over
I must be thankful


I decide to deconstruct my 5 miler
And try to grow it to a longer run
By adding in extra side streets today

It was perfect

I really enjoyed it

And this is what I found along the way



Gorgeous adobe courtyard on a dead-end street


A snake!!!!!!
This guy was right in my footpath
Good thing he caught my eye
I have no idea if he's a good snake or a bad snake

But I do know 
Thankfully, he was dead!

He's still kinda pretty though



Lots of construction going on in our neck of the woods
As I rounded the 'snake' corner, 
I ran by a bunch of workers building a huge garage on to a property

I yelled, "looks great! Don't let my husband see this!"
They laughed
But I meant it! 

Just ahead, 
I see something my son Riley would love
Legos!
I have to get a pic for him
Wave to the dirt mover turned Lego builder
As workers construct a heavy duty wall lining the wash



Up ahead 
I see a favorite spot, 

I absolutely love fences
I've taken shots of this one before
He's at the bottom of a huge hill 
But can't resist 

Fenced property is beautiful

I need to take some more shots of this place

Up and around
The day is getting hotter

I stop and walk a bit
But realize I feel great
This has been a good run


I run the neighborhood by the bike trail

And just as I'm hitting the top to circle back home, 
I wished I'd brought a drink

'If wishes were horses, beggars would ride' ---

At least that's what my grandpa always used to say- 

I resign myself to a hot lap home
Walk a bit to cool down

When what to my wondering eyes should appear - 
But a lemonade stand!!!



And not just your typical run-if-the-mill cool aide kind---

No sireee! 

Organic lemons
Organic sugar
Local honey

Ohhhhhh yum
It was heaven

And----- come to find out
It was Mason!

He'd gotten picked up to play on our baseball team for regionals when we went to Santa Fe last week-

I sang his praises
On both his lemonade making skills and pitching 

He grinned
He's selling lemonade to help save for some new 'fall-ball' gear- 
(That's fall baseball gear)

Worthy cause
And just what I needed to finish my stretch home

I've got a glass
And there's something in it

You?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch