Wanna be rock star running and musings

Alarm went off at 3am
Snoozed til 4
Out the door and hitting pavement by 4:30am

I think i should have just set my alarm for 4:15 and taken the extra beauty rest instead of trying to be an early-morning rockstar
Heavens knows i'm not rock star material- 
What with my running skirt and all-
But I  did a manage a little nearly 4mile run/walk this morning.

First half run
Second half walk

Why the wAlk?

I got caught up in day planning and problem solving and covering up my teeth when cars drove past- that it slowed me down

Do you cover your teeth and suction your lips tight around them when cars pass you on the road while you run? 

You should

If a kicked up peice of gravel can crack a windshield - who knows what it could do to your teeth

Maybe it's a pride thing with me and my teeth

Someone complimented me on them once- 
Never mind it was my dentist-
I've been rather fond of my teeth ever since

Some of you might as well cover your eyes
Or your nose
Or your chin
If you think them protection worthy on account of them being your best feature

I'm chuckling now- 
Thinking of runners going down the road- only to strike some paparazzi   Beiber/Taylorswift pose for fear their unusually high cheekbones may get caught in the fray-

Such is the life of a runner

Bikers on the other hand-
Now there's a horse of a different color

Why is it that a runner can wear practically anything- or nothing-
And be perfectly content at his hobby

But a biker
Oh no- not him
A biker must be geared up as if he's pulling the last leg of the Tour de France 

I'm always amazed at their flamboyant attire- half expecting to read on their jersey that they've been picked up by some obscure sponsor for the day's training jaunt-

I shouldn't give them a hard time though- In our little town, you take your life into your own hands when you choose to straddle that bike- and take to the road

Maybe that's the reason for the official looking attire-

And these were my thoughts for this morning's work-
Simple, I know-
But the good life is a simple one

Run on my friends-
Run on---










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch