**************

I always blog after a run
Sometimes writing them in my mind on the road

Had a hard time with this post

You see
Saturday
Instead of running a trail
Or a great swath of open road

We ran to the hospital

It was my sis-in-law Jen who suggested it

A friend had surgery
Laid up in the hospital
Not fun

So that's what we did

I'm not the hospital type
Really missed that trail and open road

But this run taught me some things

FIRST:

It's very easy to pull up the WRONG weather

Farmington Minnesota
and
Farmington New Mexico
are very easy to switch

NM or MN




















I like NM temps WAY better-





SECOND:

Putting 3 packs of emergen-C
Into 1 glass of water
Makes a pretty fizzy drink





THIRD:
Camelbacks are wicked hard to set up
and messy
especially when filling with
Emergen-C

FOURTH:
Borrowing your husband's chapstick
And the ensuing
"you can borrow it-as long as you bring it back- on penalty of death" conversation
Is not worth it

FIFTH:
I still can't breath on miles 1-3

SIXTH:
Camelbacks make me so insanely hot
Almost panic attack trying to de-layer

SEVENTH:
Do NOT like adding little jaggedy switch backs
Simply for mileage's sake
Really want to take a direct route-
Or BIG loop to add miles

EIGHTH:
Really like group runs now

NINTH:
Why at one point were each of our little groups
Of our big running group 
Talking about cleaning the house????
Weird
Think we need maids

TENTH:
I really like longer mileage
Wanted to all out run at mile 8

***********************************************

I still can't fully blog this run like I should.
We made it to the hospital


















I feel happy to be there
Sad
Unworthy of my health
Mad
Overwhelmed
Cry
She is so discouraged
I tell our friend
"Don't let this take your joy"


"Don't let this take your joy"?????
Did I really just say that out loud?

Who do I think I am?

As if her just being happy will make her well
As if somehow in that little box of a room-
She could even find an amusement

Maybe my naivete made her laugh

I feel selfish
Guilty

But that too is wrong


That is why it was hard to blog this run















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's happening

13.1 Montage

Stretch