Wild Goose Chase

Running is hard
Lonely
Tiring
Dull

When I started running 6 months ago,
These thoughts crept into my head
As I plodded through those first runs
Especially as my legs cramped at mile 2

Running is hard
But it's the most fun hard thing I've ever done
Most satisfying hard thing
Especially when you meet a challenge head on and overcome it

Lonely
Not when you realize
You need that time
To unwind
Not when you share the joy
And bring a friend along

Tiring
Sure, you bet
But it's that great tired feeling
That says you accomplished something

Dull
Why did I think that?
Lacked focus
Attention
Discipline

If I can run for 3 hours
And enjoy it-
I can find the joy in anything


Lately it's been deliriously easy to find the joy


hill looks easy enough




starting lineup





Today brought another run with Tennille
This time I brought NMrunnergirl (aka Clare)
I've been wanting to introduce these two
They often run the same routes
Similar times
But never bumped into each other
About time
Our run held easy miles and hill sprints
Wild goose chases





Running talk over Tennille's famous homemade
Lattes and cinnamon rolls




Running is fun
Crazy
Exciting
Cool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's happening

Stretch