New Runner Fog & Teeth

Got in a run today
Maria joined me
She came on our group run Saturday~
Think she's hooked!

Our kids WERE going to play at the park
While we figure 8'ed our selves around them on the running trail

But the weather decided rain was in order
Her kids would stay home
(a little jealous that she has one old enough to babysit)

I brought mine
And a stash of:
Books
DSi's
And the longest Disney movie I could find
To hang out in the car while we worked.
For you worriers-
The parking area is RIGHT beside the running loop
No 'ding-dong ditch' with my kids happening here.

Today's chart said a progression run of 12 was in order
Complete with 5 minute HARD uphill if possible

BUT with the kids out on holiday-
That work will have to wait-
Thinking Friday

So I chose another 2 mile sandwich with hill repeats

Maria and I ran well together
Her easy pace is faster than mine
(I'm trying not to get a complex---
She was sweet and said maybe it's because she's taller?)
Haha

The good thing is I'm trying to get faster

We walked and ran and and chatted and ran some more
Rain didn't bother us

Kids did
No
Not really-
Just a brother sister spat to untangle
Potty break request
And a HOORAY mom!!!!!
That I misunderstood as another fight
*smile*

We rounded out our half mile loop toward mile 2

Time for those hills
Kiwanis has a grand steep hill
Just perfect for 10 second repeats

BLAST!!!!

Finished it off with another hack at that trail
Huffing and puffing
(That's me!)
But oh so happy to have another run done!

On the drive home
Maria laughed and said
"Look- we must have done good"
"We're fogging up the car!"



Fogged up the car-
sure sign of a good run!
My running buddy Maria
Am I really THAT happy?
I guess running brings out my teeth!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's happening

13.1 Montage

Stretch